Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Winter Fluffles


I know its spring, and really close to summer, but I chose to do a January themed card for the Year of Fluffles swap being held on Splitcoast, since it was the last spot open in the swap. I used the Snowboard Fluffles stamp, and also the Winter stamp from the Season by Season set by Stampin Up! I colored him in with So Saffron, Brocade Blue, and Bashful Blue markers, and used Julie Buhler's technique for making a scalloped circle using the small corner rounder and Night of Navy cardstock. (Julie, I hope you don't mind me linking to your website. I'm a huge fan!)

For the background I ran Brocade Blue cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Fiskars snowflake texture plate and notched the corners with the ticket corner punch. I stamped "Winter" on a scrap of white, and scraped the edges on the Night of Navy pad to define the edges. I glued a piece of navy grosgrain around the background piece and attached the Winter piece with glue dots and added a special brad. I attached the Fluffles focal image using pop dots for dimension. I used Sticky Strip to attach the whole thing to a Night of Navy card base because the embossed background needed extra hold. And thats about it. Oh by the way, I made twelve of these...WHEW!

No comments: