Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Olive Polished Stone Tree

This past weekend, as we counted the hours until Dexter could get that stupid cone off (see this post) Mom and I decided we would take our minds off it by doing a technique that I had been wanting to try, but hadn't got around to, the Polished Stone Technique. I used Old Olive, Mellow Moss, and Certainly Celery to do the background using the technique (no metallic inks) after I embossed the tall pine tree from the Lovely as a Tree set by Stampin' Up! with clear embossing powder on glossy cardstock.


As the ink dried, I noticed that the embossing was starting to peel away, so I thought it should be removed totally, so I had Mom iron it off between sheets of typing paper. It turned out so well if I do say so myself! I matted it with white so the white tree would "pop", tied white grosgrain ribbon along the side, and attached the image to an Old Olive card base with Stampin' Dimensionals (foam pop dots).

We liked this so much, I made two other images using the same technique with different stamps and ink colors, but haven't made any cards from them yet. But stay tuned...they are coming!

1 comment:

Juliana said...

This turned out so lovely!!
Good idea to iron off the embossing! And the white mat really draws the eye in!!

Beautiful Card!!