Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Meeting goes well, despite shortness of breath

The meeting I had this morning went well. I actually sounded like I knew what I was talking about! I became seriously short of breath as I was leaving, however. I'm not used to going places by myself anymore, and even the shortest of distances is hard for me to push myself in my wheelchair. So as I left the meeting with a huge headache I called our secretary and told her I would be in at 1 pm, that I was going home to lie down. I went in around 1:20.

I am so disappointed in my lack of endurance anymore. It used to be I could go to the mall alone and biff around all by myself. Now I need help just to go to the store. I guess it all stems from the hospitalizations I've had for respiratory failure. The last one I had in 1998 almost killed me. I was in ICU for weeks. I don't think I will ever be able to be independent again unless I get a power scooter. And I'm not emotionally ready for that yet. But I am tired of having to wait until Mom comes over to go to the store, and I can't ask my friends to help me, they all have lives too.

Oh well. At least I'm still able to work. That's important!

No comments: