Thursday, December 27, 2007

Reno's Christmas 2007 Sweatshirt

I didn't make too many gifts this year, not for a lack of wanting to, but just lack of time and energy. But my mom bought this zip up hooded sweatshirt at Target for her friend Reno a couple weeks ago, and I had an idea to embroider his initials on it.


That night I got online and downloaded his initials from Embroidery Library out of the Ornate Alphabet collection. I first imported the 3 inch letters into my embroidery software and arranged them in a pleasing manner, then combined them into one file. I changed the colors to silver and green to go with the heather gray fabric. My mom helped me with the prep work (stabilizing and hooping the sweatshirt) and then we watched my Viking Designer SE (my dream machine) stitch out the R and the K. It turned out great. Here is a close up of the initials:


Reno's "initial" reaction was to laugh! What a strange response...lol but thats RENO! He did like it, and I think it made the plain sweatshirt much nicer.

No comments: